1. Listen without interrupting. “To answer before listening, that is folly and shame” (Proverbs 18:13).
2. Speak without accusing. “Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry” (James 1:19).
3. Give without selfishness. “The righteous give without sparing” (Proverbs 21:26).
4. Pray without ceasing. “We have not stopped praying for you” (Colossians 1:9).
5. Answer without arguing. “Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife” (Proverbs 17:1).
6. Share without pretending. “Speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of … Christ” (Ephesians 4:15).
7. Enjoy without complaining. “Do everything without grumbling or arguing” (Philippians 2:14).
8. Trust without wavering. “[Love] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres” . (1 Corinthians 13:7).
9. Forgive without punishing. “Forgive as the Lord forgave you” (Colossians 3:13).
10. Promise without forgetting. “A longing fulfilled is a tree of life” (Proverbs 13:12).
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church Christian Education Committee has heard some interest in some type of Mom’s Mentoring Group being formed at our church. In an effort to figure out what kind of group would be of interest and what would work best for everyone as far as timing, the Christian Education Committee will be hosting an evening for Moms!
This get-together has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 27, in the GSLC Fellowship Hall, at 6:00 pm. Dinner and dessert will be provided and childcare will be available if you need it. We hope by bringing everyone together a decision can be made on when, where, and what kind of group would be of interest to the moms in our congregation.
We will also be extending an invitation to moms at Immanuel Lutheran Church to come and join us that evening. We thought it would be good to include other moms in our area.
If you are a mom and would be interested in being involved in a group of other moms, please join us. It would be wonderful to have a large group there to help us figure out what would work best!
The LWML is sponsoring a Christmas Holiday centered evening for all the ladies of the congregation, Sunday, December 10, at 5:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall of the church.
You don’t have to be a member of LWML, or a participant in the Secret Sister Program, to take part in this evening of fun with your fellow Good Shepherd Christian Sisters.
It will be a salad supper, so please bring a salad to share. Drinks and dessert will be provided. There will be a Christmas ornament exchange for those who would like to participate and secret sisters will be revealed. Come and join us for an evening of Christmas fun and festivities! If you have questions, you can contact Lora W.