The offerings for the Spring Quarter from Adult Bible Class/Sunday School, which were designated to buy a “big ticket” item for the Ronald McDonald House, totaled $500.00. The Big Ticket item they are really in need of at this time is protective mattress bags for their room’s mattresses and box springs. GSLC brought the check to them to help purchase the bags and received a very informative tour of the beautiful house. They were extremely appreciative and said they are always in need of more volunteers. Thanks for all your generosity, it was fun
The Christian Education Committee is trying to help establish a Mom’s Group here at Good Shepherd. This month GSLC will be hosting a Brunch for moms on Saturday, April 28 at 10:00 am in the Fellowship Hall. Brunch will be provided. If you are interested in getting together with other moms and visiting, sharing advice, having devotions/bible study and just enjoying fellowship time together this is the group for you! Any and all moms are invited to join us.
1. Listen without interrupting. “To answer before listening, that is folly and shame” (Proverbs 18:13).
2. Speak without accusing. “Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry” (James 1:19).
3. Give without selfishness. “The righteous give without sparing” (Proverbs 21:26).
4. Pray without ceasing. “We have not stopped praying for you” (Colossians 1:9).
5. Answer without arguing. “Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife” (Proverbs 17:1).
6. Share without pretending. “Speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of … Christ” (Ephesians 4:15).
7. Enjoy without complaining. “Do everything without grumbling or arguing” (Philippians 2:14).
8. Trust without wavering. “[Love] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres” . (1 Corinthians 13:7).
9. Forgive without punishing. “Forgive as the Lord forgave you” (Colossians 3:13).
10. Promise without forgetting. “A longing fulfilled is a tree of life” (Proverbs 13:12).